• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 4, 2019

    ArcheAge Addressing a Few Misconceptions Ahead of AA:U

    ArcheAge Addressing a Few Misconceptions Ahead of AA:U


    Addressing a Few Misconceptions Ahead of AA:U

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 10:07 AM PDT

    As a current Archeage player, I'd like to clear up a few misconceptions I've noticed circulating the sub in an effort to maintain some of the hype ahead of AA:U's release.

    First of all, there has been a lot said regarding the current state of trade in Archeage, and I believe a lot of it to be misleading. Trade is still a very viable means of making profit, with very competitive silver-to-labour ratios and some of the best silver-to-time ratios that I've seen. Same-continent trade packs are largely the same as returning players will remember, with gold rewards increased significantly. The main changes here are the addition of a timer that increases the value of the pack the sooner it is turned in, meaning packs essentially have to be turned in as they are crafted, and can't be stored for days on land, and they can now be turned in at only three zones for each continent, but can still be crafted in any zone.

    Cross-continent packs don't currently seem very profitable on legacy servers, but this is likely due to quests that are done on many alt accounts that provide a greater amount of the resources you obtain from turning these packs in, meaning there is a much greater supply of these items than there would be otherwise. In AA:U, with a limit of 3 accounts and the removal of multi-boxing, the value of these materials should be much higher as it will no longer be possible to complete these quests on dozens of alt accounts simultaneously, so we will have to wait and see how viable these trade runs are when AA:U releases.

    There has also been a lot of discussion on Hiram gear rendering crafted equipment obsolete. This does not seem to be case; maxed-out crafted gear is substantially better than maxed-out Hiram gear. For example: a Hiram staff at current max grade and 20% temper will have 1393 magic dps* while an Erenor (crafted) staff at max grade and the same temper will have 1610, a very significant difference. Hiram is also not as easy to obtain and upgrade as some people seem to believe; it can take months of completing the dailies every day to max-out a single piece of equipment; crafted gear simply requires you to accumulate gold to buy materials or the gear itself, and as such is not similarly time-gated. In my experience, most well-geared players I have seen on legacy servers will have at least one piece of Erenor equipment.

    With regard to dailies in Archeage, the essential dailies for improving Hiram equipment currently take about 45 minutes to complete on legacy servers, it does not take several hours as some seem to believe. There are other dailies, but most of these, with the exception of the Golden Plains instance (typically a ~5 minute instance that rewards you with honour and 1000 labour), I find to be unessential to progression: you shouldn't need to complete them every day to progress at a decent rate, and you could gain more spending your time in-game elsewhere.

    Hopefully this helps clarify some of the misconceptions that some may have about the current state of Archeage. If anyone notices anything I've said that they know to be incorrect, please feel free to correct me, and if anyone has any further questions regarding the current game or how particular systems work, please feel free to let me know and I would be happy to answer them if I am able to.

    Note: *- Hiram is currently maxed-out at mythic grade, it might be possible to synthesize to eternal grade in the next patch, which would boost it to 1463 magic dps, still well below the Erenor staff.

    TL;DR: Same-continent trade is still very viable, crafted gear is not at all obsolete, and dailies should not be nearly as bad as some seem to believe.

    submitted by /u/ohhsosalty
    [link] [comments]

    Shroud mentions AA:U - Clip of shroud - Twitch Clips

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 06:47 AM PDT

    Plea to the Devs: Increase max team size to match raid size.

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 09:59 AM PDT

    Doing stuff like Red Dragon, Halcy, and Fall of Hiram is a nightmare for most people because you can only queue with 10 people at a time. In the best case (FoH) this is only half the raid, in the worst case it's 1/5th. If we were able to queue with a full 50 for Red Dragon or Halcy the problem of afk alts would be eliminated by blacklists very quickly.

    If you were ever frustrated because Halcy or RD was 90% afk alts putting in 0 effort then please upvote this post so the devs will see it.

    submitted by /u/Invis1988
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have a google doc with 6.0 dailies?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 10:35 AM PDT

    Gotta start accumulating that Archeage database and we begin at dailies!

    submitted by /u/gurr23
    [link] [comments]

    Balanced 10v10 Arena Healer PVP Footage <3

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 12:58 AM PDT

    AA:U Vehicles, boats, housing

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 03:26 PM PDT

    How will these be obtained in AAU? Any differences from classic?

    submitted by /u/shizniticus
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a font or HUD mod out there for archeage?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 07:32 AM PDT

    Gonna be honest, I don't really like some of the HUD or text stuff in this game. Looks too much like Wow sometimes.

    submitted by /u/duskravenswing
    [link] [comments]

    Weapon choice question for Spectre

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 02:44 PM PDT

    I have just been rolling with staffs because it made sense. Is this the best choice? What do you guys normally roll with?

    submitted by /u/Sharky801
    [link] [comments]

    Budget PC or Laptop that can run AA:U decently?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 06:58 AM PDT

    Hyped for the AA:U and would like to buy/build gf something that can run it as well

    Any input is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/ZeroTrades
    [link] [comments]

    Apex equivalent in AA:U?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 02:23 PM PDT

    Is there an equivalent item on the market that will have a growth rate like Apex has always had in all the fresh starts? I am basically asking if there are any items that will grow in value at the same rate as gold is inflated into the market. Is there any good apex substitute to invest your money into?

    submitted by /u/Jensoh
    [link] [comments]

    Will you be able buy archeage unchained on steam?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 02:08 PM PDT

    Are we getting the KR labor system or not?!

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 01:58 PM PDT

    No point in playing if not. I dont wanna play in dead yet full servers.

    submitted by /u/LuftK
    [link] [comments]

    Returning player with a couple of class questions

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 01:56 PM PDT

    So first, can anyone point me to a skill calculator that's actually up to date? It seems like the ones I've been able to find are all out of date and don't have the Malediction skill tree at all. Considering that I'm returning to the game after about two full years away for AAU, I'd like to try to get up to speed in the old legacy servers before the new version actually launches, but a skill calculator is actually kind of important.

    Second, Since I've been away for a very long time, I'm hoping to get some suggestions for what classes I should try to play this time around. Way back when (just after the original US launch), I'd settled into Shadowknight as my favorite class. Unfortunately, the changes to Witchcraft really murdered that class and when I came back for one of the fresh start server launches a couple of years ago, I opted not to play that anymore, instead splitting between Enigmatist and Battlemage, neither of which I really loved, though if I had to pick between the two, it would have been battlemage as I really don't like fast-twitch skill based classes like Enigmatist or DR. Anyway, now that things have been mixed up all over again, I'm hoping for suggestions on what I could play thats as close to the old Skullknight as possible within the new skill trees.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Spaced-Invader
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to create a character preset from my old character?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 01:25 PM PDT

    So I've got some friends trying to get me interested in AAU and I've been considering coming back to play it. In preparation I redownloaded the game to mess around a little on the legacy servers to get back into the mode of play, but I've realized that my old character preset appearances are no longer saved. The problem here is that it took me hours to get my appearance the way I wanted it and I'd prefer not to have to go through that again if I don't have to. So the question is whether or not there is a way for me to convert my current character's appearance into a preset so I don't have to redo the whole thing for the AAU launch?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Spaced-Invader
    [link] [comments]

    State of Enigmatiat Atm

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 09:23 AM PDT

    Hi all! How are the state of enigmatist right now? Is a viable class to small pvp or in pvp in general? What armor use; cloth, leather or plate? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Furies993
    [link] [comments]

    Dailies in unchained?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 01:00 PM PDT

    I left retail recently because it felt like a job, not because of the P2W. I understand the dailies are "content" for some of you, but 3-4 hours of dailies a day was a complete job and I'd rather be in a boat with my guild PvPing the other faction. Maybe all those dailies aren't the best thing for the game? Has anyone mentioned this or is it just me?

    submitted by /u/ItsMilkmayn
    [link] [comments]

    Marcala Exploration HELP!

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 12:54 PM PDT

    Looking for two points in Marcala and I just cannot seem to find them. I have some other images, but they may have moved during the updates.

    Does anyone know of where these would be? screenshots would be much appreciated!

    Western Face Castle Cliffs

    Northern Face Castle Cliffs.

    submitted by /u/DeadEndGaming
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone tell the name of this Skirt?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 12:49 PM PDT

    Archeage Unchained 101 - Common Questions

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 05:10 PM PDT

    A returning player have some questions

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 12:36 PM PDT

    Hello! I am kinda of an old player, I didn't play Archeage for the almost 3 years and with the upcoming realease of Unchained I decided to play again one of my favorite mmo.
    If you don't mind, I would have some questions to understand what to focus on:

    -How do I make money? Previously I did a lot of traderun, but I read they changed the system and don't know if It's worth anymore

    -Where should I try go get a land spot? Is Auroria still the most important?

    -Is Hiram gear really the "end-game" gear? If not wich one is it?

    Sorry for potential errors, english is not my first language

    submitted by /u/easyTaba
    [link] [comments]

    trade packs trade packs trade packs

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 08:10 PM PDT

    Unchained is looking very promising, literally the ONLY complaint I have left is there will be nearly no over-sea pvp because trade packs are useless.

    submitted by /u/ArcaneKazz
    [link] [comments]

    Best melee pvp classes

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 08:17 AM PDT

    What classes are recommended if your going melee and mainly want to be good at pvp

    submitted by /u/Cross54321
    [link] [comments]

    Trading gold or items to a friend

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 11:31 AM PDT

    Can you give gold or items to a friend in this game?

    And how do you do it?

    Is there any legit way to do this or will the accounts get banned because ArcheAge staff will think you are selling stuff for cash?

    submitted by /u/At0m11c
    [link] [comments]

    Deadline for Pre-ORDER

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 04:42 AM PDT

    As the title says, is there any deadline for the Pre-order? Obviously I am asking for a date before release date.

    Thank you in advanced!

    submitted by /u/rhaegar21
    [link] [comments]

    regrade chances: shadow warrior's shadows, cruel glory sash

    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 10:27 AM PDT

    hey there,

    apparently regrade chances differ depending on the item type (crafted, dungeon, worlboss, etc...)

    So I was wondering which category those items (shadow warrior's shadows, cruel glory sash) fall into.

    submitted by /u/_rbm_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel