• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 3, 2019

    ArcheAge 5 things to consider for Unchained for old returning players and brand new players

    ArcheAge 5 things to consider for Unchained for old returning players and brand new players


    5 things to consider for Unchained for old returning players and brand new players

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 06:38 AM PDT

    Don't rely on most guides out there. Most of the information out there is either outdated or is for a completely different climate than what unchained will offer. In a way I like this as it adds a bit of unpredictability to this version

    Many old popular class builds are not really so valid these days. Stuff like defiler or skullknight are completely changed due to some key skills being in other trees now. For those two specifically they relied on mana stars which is now in malediction tree..many abilities are also completely changed or moved from one tree to another like shadowstep is in occultism now and mirror warp in witchcraft and such

    There has not been a headstart with hiram gear so we have no idea what the actual climate for the server will be in terms of crafted gear. My guess is most will just go right for hiram. Hasla weapons and Obsidian is no longer a thing so don't worry about those.

    We don't know if they will change the trade system to the old one so things like what land is important or not is still up in the air. In the current system stuff like key land spots for pack staging isn't really a thing.

    Compared to early times in AA the game is heavily focused on dailies with lot more events and rewards so expect to spend a lot of time doing daily quests/timed events. I don't really care for this direction but the original creator Jake song is back working at XL Games so hoping to see changes in this aspect going forward..but really we have no clue as he could drive it into the ground even more but I'm hopeful

    Overall this is a very unique situation in the lifetime of this game so it's really hard to predict things or even give solid advice on a lot of things.

    submitted by /u/AerowynX
    [link] [comments]

    Dailies, dailies and dailies again

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 05:31 AM PDT

    With AA:U right behind the corner, they have announced season pass (ArchePass) that will be 100% daily driven. Aren't you guys afraid that will turn into what WoW Legion was? A daily chore simulator where you do the same stuff all over again day by day, taking away what was built with this beautiful open world sandbox game.

    If you do have similar concerns, let's state them firmly right now as Gamigo stated that they are open for our feedback. This is the best time to do so.

    For me dailies are problematic only if they get repetitive or forced. Given extra possibilities on how I want to be done with my dailies (several finishing conditions to choose from) or letting me choose a right moment to take care of quests in a weekly time frame instead of daily will work just fine with me.

    submitted by /u/Hoshee
    [link] [comments]

    ArcheAge 6.0 KR Labor - The Truth Behind It

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 04:14 PM PDT

    Trading across continents

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 10:21 AM PDT

    So been skirmishing trough the redding the last few days, and I won't hide the fact that I'm somewhat dense :D :D :D

    I used to play a lot on the Korean version before it was released in English. Running merchant ships with tradepacks was always scary cuz I never knew if I'd get jumped, and grouping up with the guild to hunt for others who were doing trade runs was always exciting!

    But from my understanding all that has changed, with the timped (cargo?) and all, is there even a point to use a merchant ship? do people just run 1 pack at a time on a speedboat? and there are just 3 delivery points? (well 2 since you can't deliver to the same continent you come from I assume) which makes it easy to camp for big guilds from what I've read. Has that completely eliminated peoples interest for doing the runs? (apart for those who are in the guild that has "monopoly" on the turnin points)

    Sorry if this post is somewhat confusing :P
    Thanks in beforehand for responses.

    submitted by /u/X66Linkmaster
    [link] [comments]

    Sailoring

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 02:25 PM PDT

    Hello Gonna start aa with the release of unchained Just wanna know whats the advantages of sailoring or whats the main things in sailoring and can i just do some sea stuff after reaching max level?

    Ps:I love sea thanks

    submitted by /u/KrylOsu
    [link] [comments]

    Fanatic Mage, Dual Wield - armor choice? #AA:Unchained

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 11:57 AM PDT

    So I'm planning to roll a dual wielding Fanatic focusing on instant
    skills - which armor type should I use?

    Any feedback is much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Draftbeer
    [link] [comments]

    AA:U - Do founders packs from the site cover me for the Steam based client?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 04:54 AM PDT

    Hi folks,

    Not sure if this is a stupid question or not. Are the packs from the website usable for the Steam client?

    I'm only asking as the packs are out and purchasable, but there is no Steam page for Unchained yet so don't want to buy one if that restricts me to the Glyph client.

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/Wolfhammer69
    [link] [comments]

    What should completely new players know?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 12:40 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I always wanted to try Archeage but when I heard the game, it was already in the stage of p2w. So, when I heard of the re-release of the non-p2w version of it, I am curious. I saw a lot of people saying about how claming lands or houses etc. are limited and early birds gets all rewards, late starters can't do anything.

    Can anyone explain to me what should new players know about the game? What should be focus on the early game? Which mistakes we should not make. I am a full-time worker so I can't devote that much time to game, making some mistakes make ruin the game for me I think. If you can help, I appreciate it. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/mtilhan
    [link] [comments]

    New player looking for healer builds

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 04:17 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I played some mmorpgs over the years, unfortunately never played AA since it was already p2w. I usually play healer but since I'm playing alone (or at least until I find a cool guild) I would like to know if there was a good healer build but could actually do some damage so i don't have to spend 5m to kill a normal moob. Also, if most of the supports builds lack damage, could you please tell me the most common ones? Thank you all

    submitted by /u/Freiree
    [link] [comments]

    What is Archeage ?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 04:30 AM PDT

    Hey,

    I've always been intriged by Archeage, but never really bother to try it with all the people saying how much P2W it was.

    With the soon to be released B2P version though, it may be a good time for me to dive in.

    But, I've mainly played themepark MMORPG (old one, like EQ, DAoC, FFXI etc.) and I don't know much about what Archeage has to offer for someone like me.

    But, what I do know is that I'm bored with current mainsteam MMORPG. They don't feel very immersive, you spend your time mostly solo or matchup with people you don't know and will never see again (cross server stuff). Those are stuff I don't like and don't want.

    What I want most in an MMO is immersion and a sense of community (and all social aspect derived from that), something that is lacking in almost all current MMO.

    I enjoy both PvP, crafting and PvE, but I guess I'm more of a PvE player. (Although I adored RvR in my young age when I was playing DAoC)

    My questions are : What's the state of PvE (or PvPvE) content in Archeage ? Both endgame and levelling.

    How social is the game, how much sandbox is it, how much themepark is it ?

    I have a full time job and a wife, so my days of hardcore gamer are behind me. But I've read in others posts here that you still can be relevant and have fun with a few hours a day/week.

    Thank you !

    (sorry for my english, not my native language)

    submitted by /u/HisoKefka
    [link] [comments]

    Buff/debuff bitch build???

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 03:41 PM PDT

    Is there something like this in AA? I don't really feel like being a healer but like the concept of debuffing/buffing enemies & allies and being able to deal adequate damage. Something akin to bard in FFXIV is what I'm looking for granted this game is PvP oriented. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/5N0ZZ83RR135
    [link] [comments]

    So, should me and my buddies dive into AA:U or should we just go WoW: Classic or wait for Lost Ark?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 03:28 PM PDT

    So guys, me and a few good friends of mine are currently looking for a fresh experience on an MMORPG and Archeage came into our minds given the new server.

    One of us already played and loves the game, left essentially due to the P2W and lack of people to play with (people who played with him all quit)

    The idea is to understand if it is worth diving into this game fully or if we should just play it safe and go into WoW or even wait just slightly longer for Lost Ark (RU) that is almost coming?

    Our idea its a game that allows us to do things together and that have a huge progression in place.

    It is very important that we also go into something that "have legs to walk", that will not die in a few months and specially something that will not turn into a game exploited by whales and P2W overall.

    I would love you, more experiences AA players to elaborate on what to expect while also giving your best advise regarding what would you do yourselves.

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/RedditQsnAs
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to make gold in 2019?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 03:10 PM PDT

    I havent played AA in llike 4 years,but at that time fishing was the best way to make a lot of gold and i wonder if it's still the best?i heard some say that it takes too much time and doesnt make that much gold anymore,for someone that have alot of time to burn labor,what do u guys think it's the best way to make gold?

    thanks

    submitted by /u/Marreco3540
    [link] [comments]

    With Hiram gear, is there enough incentive to craft and do overseas trading?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 06:26 AM PDT

    So I've been reading up on the changes since I last played ArcheAge and I'm worried that the game I plan to return to is vastly different.

    Back when ArcheAge released, crafted gear was pretty much the end all be all. This in turn helped keep the economy alive since everyone was either trading overseas for gold, gathering mats, crafting gear, etc.

    But reading up on the trading changes and Hiram gear and how overseas trading in 5.0 works, it makes me think there's just not enough incentive to do overseas traderuns and crafted gear, which in turn means the sea PvP won't be nearly as alive.

    All in all, less sea action, less open world PvP, less sandbox...

    Sounds like a different game to me, or maybe I'm just overreacting.

    submitted by /u/Vibed
    [link] [comments]

    Auction House tax and other taxes

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 02:46 PM PDT

    What tax rate does the auction house have?

    Does the tax only get detucted on the sell moment or do you pay it again(relisting) if your item didn't sell?

    How does the tax work in other aspects of the game, if there are any other places that use it beside the auction house?

    Is it possible to lower the tax?

    If you have other information about the taxes please share that too.

    submitted by /u/At0m11c
    [link] [comments]

    Help with a lot of info for a returning player

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 02:19 PM PDT

    I played when the game came out, now I would like to come back but don't know anything, there's an expansion now? Do I have to pay to play anything, should I start to play now or after a certain date? What is the meta right now for PvP and PvE? Any tips to begin again?

    submitted by /u/Manana77
    [link] [comments]

    So what group/guild content is there now?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 02:09 PM PDT

    So my understanding from what I've heard is that Archeage Gameplay nowadays is the following:

    • Spend 3-4 hours doing all dailies for easy gold(multiply by the number of alts you want to do dailies on)

    • Grind hiram to improve gear(basically spam fight easy mobs)

    • Gather your farm if you have one

    • repeat

    How much actual group content is worth doing? I hear trade runs are dead, social sports fishing is dead, sieges will only be for those hand picked by faction heroes, most pvp is instanced, and same faction PVP has huge penalties now.

    So what are the big activities guilds get together and do nowadays?

    submitted by /u/skilliard7
    [link] [comments]

    Lightning strikes skill?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 02:00 PM PDT

    https://youtu.be/qV8OSKEIL50 at 01:00 which skill is causing these lightning strikes? They are not from gods whips or the stormcloud staff. Any idea? (Had a 1,5 year AA break)

    submitted by /u/QQEvenMore
    [link] [comments]

    Class picking

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 01:42 PM PDT

    Back in the good old days I was a darkrunner main, loved it. Although I don't want to just follow Meta, I can't help but ask about this class and where it is in archeage right now? I love stealth and solo PvP.

    submitted by /u/osiris13133
    [link] [comments]

    New Level Cap ?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 01:05 PM PDT

    Do you think there will be a new Level Cap in the Future ? ( Like Lvl 60 )

    Just saw some Youtube Videos and i´ve noticed they never increased the Level Cap.

    submitted by /u/U3b3
    [link] [comments]

    Computer slows / lags when loading the ArcheAge Poem after launch. Any fix?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 08:21 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, welcome back. Love you can't wait to play with you all

    I have had this issue for as long as I can remember with AA, when I launch the game, the progress on the poem (loading bar) halts after the first 4 words. The PC slows down, mouse goes slightly unresponsive and it takes ages to boot the game up.

    I know this isn't an issue for everyone, my girlfriend doesn't have this issue and when I was playing remotely from a laptop it didnt happen there either.

    If my game crashes and I gotta relog this REALLY SLOWS ME DOWN and frustrates the fuck out of me.

    There must be a fix for this and I hope one of you can help me sort this out before the 30th

    Have a wicked sweet day

    submitted by /u/iHybridPanda
    [link] [comments]

    Alpha / Beta player looking for Trade Guides

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 06:15 AM PDT

    Hello !!

    I played everything that is like mmorpg, but when I played Alpha / Beta and Fresh start NA / EU for 3 months, it was wonderful, I didn't feel that feeling until today.

    And with this new Hype (I know we might be disappointed), but I want to give it a try, I'm excited.

    However, since Archeage has changed a lot, I wanted to better understand the current trades.

    where is best to trade, best put land, if anyone has any guide I thank you !!

    Sorry english, it's not my native language

    submitted by /u/kkroto17
    [link] [comments]

    Archeage Kyprosa CTRL ALT DEL vs. Lost OLD FOOTAGE FOR THE HYPE

    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 03:41 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel